2013/06/17

FROM THE MIYR2012 FINAL TO THE TROFEO ABARTH SELENIA BENELUX. KEEP ON DREAMING







Even the most impossible goals become reachable when there’s true passion. The Trofeo Abarth Selenia Benelux is a clear example of it. 6 finalists from the 2012 Make It Your Race edition will see their dream come true: becoming professional drivers in an official competition.

6 Abarth #TopDrivers from UK, Germany, France, Benelux and Italy will compete and race on 5 prestigious European tracks.

The final goal is to win the special “Trofeo Make It Your Race” based on a special classification between the 6 #TopDrivers. A race within a race, where MIYR Drivers will try to compete with PRo’s and will report the emotions and sensations of their racing debut. Follow our 6 #TopDrivers and do not miss a mile of this new adventure with Abarth and Make It Your Race.


MIYR 2012, il sogno continua con il Trofeo Abarth Selenia Benelux

Anche i traguardi più impossibili si possono raggiungere con la forza della passione. Ed il Trofeo Abarth Selenia Benelux ne è una dimostrazione.

I 6 finalisti dell’edizione 2012 di Make It Your Race, infatti, vedranno avverarsi il sogno di competere come piloti professionisti in un trofeo ufficiale. I 6 #TopDrivers Abarth provenienti da Regno Unito, Germania, Francia, Svizzera, Benelux e Italia si sfideranno, tra le curve di 5 prestigiosi circuiti europei e competeranno, per la prima volta come piloti professionisti.

L’obiettivo? Aggiudicarsi lo speciale “Trofeo Make It Your Race” con una classifica che premierà chi tra i 6 avrà raggiunto la posizione migliore all’interno di ogni gara. Una vera sfida nella sfida, dove i piloti MIYR concorreranno anche ai premi finali di tappa e campionato e ci racconteranno emozioni e sensazioni di questo esordio su pista. Segui i 6 #TopDrivers Abarth per non perdere neanche un chilometro di questa nuova avventura targata Abarth e Make It Your Race.


TOPDRIVERS: ALBERTO FONTANA

The road the leads to the dreams is never easy. The very important thing is never to give up. Read Alberto Fontana interview!





Full name: Alberto Fontana
Birth date: 14/06/1990
Birthplace: Torino, Italy
Current age: 22
Height: 1.84 m
Weight: 73 kg


Short Biography

Since I was 7, I had an incredible passion for motorsport. I spent whole days watching races on tv and dreaming about being a race driver. At 16, I thought: “I definitely want to be a race driver”. But I didn’t know how to do… I spent all my money to buy a computer and a steering wheel, to start with online competitions. After one year I won the first prize, realizing my dream: drive a real Formula Renault 2000 Light. I continued with simulated races and tests on real race cars, then I decided to work in motorsport in order to enter that world and maybe find a way to race.

In 2012 I found out Make It Your Race, a talent show organized by Abarth where winners will compete in a real race. That was my chance! I immediately decided to join it, spending 3 days filming the application video: great joy when I found out I was selected to participate the show! I trained hard for the talent show and at the end I won it. That really was the best day of my life!

But, that wasn’t enough: I want to race a championship! Well, today, thanks to Abarth, I’m going to realize that dream too. I can’t believe it!


Strenghts

I’m very rational, controlling my emotions and calculating everything.

I’m smart and I can wait for the right moment to pass. I competed more than 200 races on simulator, so I have a very clear idea how to manage car, tires, stress and energy. I learn very fast and I know every track of the championship (I practised them on simulator). I’m better in race than in qualifications.


Weaknesses

I’m not very fast on qualifying. I’m really good in having a good pace in race, but not in making the best lap. I’m a good racer, not a hotlapper.

I have a really low physical resistance.

I have really low experience in real cars and I never raced in a track with high speeds (like SPA).

I’m egocentric and I always pretend to be right.

How did MIYR change your life?

That was definitely the best experience in my life. After that, after that my life was totally devoted to motorsports.


What is your passion aside racing?

Nothing for me is as great as racing (motorcycles and cars).

Anyway, I love sports with high speed like ski, jet ski; to make and watch videos and movies, to program (I’m an engineer) and, of course, I love girls, especially paddock girls.


What is your biggest dream?

To be a race driver. Nothing else.


Which is your favorite circuit worldwide?

Spa. I could live my whole life on it. Actually I also love Hungaroring, Nurburgring, Magny-Cours and Silverstone.


Who is your favorite driver/role model in history of racing and why?

Valentino Rossi for motorcycles. He is the best ever. Actually I’m also really impressed by Marquez. Ayrton Senna for cars.


Which of the other MIYR finalists are you most afraid of and why?

The Swiss guy: Fabio Elio Keller. Simply, he is the fastest.


Tell us a secret you would never tell your mother!

I have no secrets! This is one of my main features. I always say everything I want, I simply don’t care what other people think.

However, if I’m going to make something really dangerous, I generally tell my mom after I did it. You know, she doesn’t sleep very well if she knows I’m in danger :)


On what social media can fans find you?

Fans can find me on Facebook as Alberto Naska Fontana.

But if they love motorsport they can find me on the brand new social network I created which is exclusive for motorsports: racebooking.net.


TOPDRIVERS: JAMES BRAZIER

Make It Your Race changed his life. Meet James Brazier one of the 6 Abarth #TopDrivers





Full name: James John Brazier
Birth date: May 23rd 1988
Birthplace: Middlesex, England
Current age: 24 years
Height: 1.83m
Weight: 80kg


Short Biography

I have only one race experience which was at Franciacorta, Italy in 2012 in an Abarth 500 Assetto Corse. I was given this experience by Abarth Make It Your Race and I am extremely grateful as it was on the of the best, exciting, adrenaline filled experiences I’ve ever had!


Strenghts

I feel my strengths are my determination, love of motorsport and some go kart experience through which I had some idea of ‘race craft’.


Weaknesses

I had no previous race experience so I was extremely nervous at the race weekend.


How did MIYR change your life?

MIYR changed my life in a way that gave me a real understanding and respect for professional race drivers. It made me realise that being a racing driver is what I want more than anything else. It was a feeling that I couldn’t possibly explain. I was definitely born for it!


What is your passion aside racing?

Aside from racing I have always been passionate about music; I have played drums since I was 8 years old and have played in a professional band for many years, if it came to choosing a path, racing would win!


What is your biggest dream?

I know with certainty that my biggest dream is to be a professional racing driver for a team who I could develop my skills with and gain further understanding of motorsport. The thought of racing and winning for my team would be the biggest prize for me.


Which is your favorite circuit worldwide?

My favourite circuit is Spa Francorchamps; when I was young the shape always appealed to me when watching F1! Through the years of watching motorsport I love watching the high speeds when drivers approach Eau Rouge. It looks so scary but so fun! Especially when you get to see two drivers overtaking whilst navigating that incline and bend at such high speeds, I would love the chance to experience it myself!


Who is your favorite driver/role model in history of racing and why?

Ever since I was little and first got into motorsport, my family had models and pictures of Michael Schumacher so I grew to watch him every weekend and he became my absolute idol. I dreamt one day I would follow in his footsteps and become a racing driver. I’d say he has been my biggest inspiration towards racing; I would continuously study his racing lines then try and replicate them on track in my go kart.


Which of the other MIYR finalists are you most afraid of and why?

Among MIYR contestants, the one I am most afraid of is Fabio Keller; he was quite underestimated during the competition and was unfortunate to have some problems on the race weekend. When he was in his zone and everything was working he was very quick, I hope he does well in this series as he was a nice guy.


Tell us a secret you would never tell your mother!

When I first started learning to drive my Mother bought me my first car which was a VW Golf mk2 and I was desperate to drive it, so when one afternoon my mother and father went out for a few hours , I secretly took my keys hopped into my car and drove out the drive and around the block before carefully parking it back into the drive! All of this was before I had passed my test!

My other secret passion is reading books on history and ancient myths! I love astronomy and own my own 8” Dobsonian telescope which I get to view other planets and as far as other galaxies… complete nerd! I am into astrophysics and all things science; I have been to two Brian Cox (Television science presenter and astronomer) shows!

I have a massive addiction to chocolate and struggle to lay off the sweets between training at the gym!


On what social media can fans find you?

On Facebook.com as Jamie Jambo Brazier

Here my Twitter account Twitter.com/jjbrazier and YouTube one Youtube.com/jjbrazier


TOPDRIVERS: FABIO ELIO KELLER

Perfectionism balanced with mental strength and technique. Read Fabio Elio Keller interview, one of the Abarth #TopDrivers.





Full name: Fabio Elio Keller
Birth date: 20/03/1992
Birthplace: Zurik (CH)
Current age: 21
Height: 1.77m
Weight: 72kg


Short Biography

I’m a sport fanatic. I began Karting in 2004 competing in several races. I’m Swiss Championship and I got several circuit record in Switzerland. I drove in Formula BMW in 2008 and I was MIYR winner for Switzerland in 2012.


Strenghts

Mental, control of emotions, endurance & technic.


Weaknesses

Perfectionism.


Career high

A 2nd place at the European Karting Championship.


How did MIYR change your life?

I really learnt to drive a car fastly.


What is your passion aside racing?

I love technical stuffs, marketing, publicity and my girlfriend, of course!


What is your biggest dream?

To become a WTCC official driver for Alfa Romeo, I really hope they will come back soon.


Which is your favorite circuit worldwide?

Sao Paulo circuit.


Who is your favorite driver/role model in history of racing and why?

Ayrton Senna, because of his philosophy.


Which of the other MIYR finalists are you most afraid of and why?

Alberto Fontana, because of his Nationality representing Fiat Home country!


Tell us a secret you would never tell your mother!

I’m superstitious!

I love to watch the stars in the Sky and to walk in an empty forest.


On what social media can fans find you?

On Facebook, as Fabio Elio Keller and Twitter.


TOPDRIVERS: ARNE KÜMMELBERGER

As a German driver his favourite track is Nürburgring.

Arne Kümmelberger is ready for the starting grid as one of the Abarth #TOPDRIVERS.





Full name: Arne Kümmelberger
Birth date: 10 April 1989
Birthplace: Zschopau, Germany
Current age: 24
Height: 1.93 m
Weight: 86 kg


Short Biography

I approached the world of racing thanks to my family who brought me to motor races STW. Then I participated in kart competitions, improving my affinity to cars. In 2012, I had the opportunity to take part in Make It Your Race, as German finalist.


Strenghts

Tenacity, strength of purpose, equanimity


Career high

Participation in Make It Your Race!


How did MIYR change your life?

MIYR gave me the opportunity to start racing and meet many interesting people.


What is your passion aside racing?

I love sports like alpine climbing, biking, football. I like rock music, fast Italian cars and the southern lifestyle.


What is your biggest dream?

To succeed in racing and, at some point, drive the North Loop in the 24h race.


Which is your favorite circuit worldwide?

Nürburgring circuit.


Who is your favorite driver/role model in history of racing and why?

Ayrton Senna, for his big successes and because he had an unforgettable impact on motor racing with his unique driving style and his polarizing conduct on and beside the track .


Which of the other MIYR finalists are you most afraid of and why?

None of them. They are all good and all try to give their best.


Tell us a secret you would never tell your mother!

My biggest wish is to make a living with motor racing!


On what social media can fans find you?

On Facebook and Twitter.


TOPDRIVERS: FABIEN JEANBLANC

In order to follow his idol Schumacher he must go really really fast.

Meet Fabien Jeanblanc, one of the Abarth #TOPDRIVERS.





Full name: Fabien Jeanblanc
Birth date: 20/05/1989
Birthplace: Orange (France)
Current age: 24
Height: 1,84m
Weight: 75kg


Short Biography

In 2010 I had best driving skills score at the Nissan FreeRace and I was finalist of défi kart jeune FFSA.

In 2011 I won the Jcup on the Magny-Cours F1 track.

In 2012 I was the french finalist of MIYR, Trofeo Abarth 500 Race at Franciacorta with a podium (3rd place)


Strenghts

I never give up, trying to be calm and learn from mistakes.


Weaknesses

I need more race experiences.


Career high

The call who says me that I’m an Abarth Race Driver for the 2013 Trofeo!


How did MIYR change your life?

I was dreaming about races since childhood… MIYR makes my dreams comes true!


What is your passion aside racing?

I love Basket-ball and spend some good times with my friends.


What is your biggest dream?

In racing, my dream is to win!

I want to win races and why not in endurance… GT3 could be the goal of my career.


Which is your favorite circuit worldwide?

Magny-Cours F1 circuit is my favorite, lot of things started there for me.


Who is your favorite driver/role model in history of racing and why?

Since I was 5, my favorite driver is Michael Schumacher, I was admiring him each weekend in front of TV.

But last year I met few times Yannick Dalmas and I was astonished by his calmness. He is the faster man I know but also the most humble. He is a real role model!


Which of the other MIYR finalists are you most afraid of and why?

Each guy is very fast, Alberto I still don’t know how he was so fast last year!

Fabio doesn’t afraid me but I guess he is worried from my car (he remember the bumps!), Jérôme will be at home each race, James was very fast but not lucky on the race and Arne is very constant.


Tell us a secret you would never tell your mother!

When I leave home and she says «be careful and no stupid things !» … I ever do!

Love you Mom!


On what social media can fans find you?

On Facebook as Fabien Jeanblanc Pilote Automobile and on Twitter as @Geordges


TOPDRIVERS: JEROME GLESENER

His biggest strength is in his cold blood.

Maybe for the North-European origins. Know more about Jerome Glesener, one of the Abarth #TOPDRIVERS.





Full name: Jerome Glesener
Birth date: 08/11/1983
Birthplace: Luxembourg
Current age: 29
Height: 1,91m
Weight: 85kg


Short Biography

For 11 years, I had the chance to drive with lots of cars in different European circuits during trackdays: Chambley, Dijon, Chenevières, Ring Rhine, Saint-Die, Mettet, Zolder, Monza, Valencia, Jerez, Le Luc, Hockenheim, Varano, but Franciacorta.

I mainly rode Nürburgring circuit (Nordschleife and GP) and Spa Francorchamps. I have the great advantage of living one hour far from these two circuits, that’s why I really manage them!


Strenghts

I think my greatest strength is my composure. I can keep calm without irritate me quickly. Motivation, competitiveness, ambiguity, perfection, endurance are some of my strengths.


Weaknesses

I hate it when something doesn’t go according to the rules and thereby hinder the appearance fairplay.


Career high

Each lap on the track is an highlight for me. The hunt for the perfect turn and try to drive faster have something magical.

One of the greatest highlights of my career was MIYR 2012, as driver but also at human level. MIYR will remain in my memory for life and I hope to tell my grandchildren this amazing adventure!


How did MIYR change your life?

Make It Your Race 2012 has changed my life because people now respect me more as driver and some are even afraid to ride circuits with me as passenger.

After MIYR TV episodes, many people came to me to find out talent details and how I have lived this experience.

Personally, I finally had the opportunity to show I was able to drive and positive feedback from the coaches made me more self-confident in driving. Thanks to MIYR I can convince the last people around me that I can be a driver.


Describe us your passion for racing

Racing facinated me since I was really young. During childhood I had karting sessions and I really found place to the guide, with a growing desire to move to competition.

Since young, I always wanted to practice car but unfortunately my parents did not share this opinion because of risks related to racing. But I always had driving desire on the track, so at 18 I started driving my Rover 214 Si and I took the road to the Nürburgring.

I had many many trackdays from then and my dream is always one: be a driver.


What is your passion aside racing?

My other passion is my job, I take care of the rescue fire.

For the rest, I have a lifestyle of a young man of my age: exercise, see friends, go to restaurant and nightclub, travel.


What is your biggest dream?

My biggest dream is to have endurance races, 24 hours race on Spa, Nürburgring and Dubai circuit.


Which is your favorite circuit worldwide?

I have two favorite circuits, Spa and Nürburgring


Who is your favorite driver/role model in history of racing and why?

My model driver is Sebastian Vettel. I follow him from the F1 debut and it fascinates me because it is a boy like all the others who managed to join F1 only thanks to his talent. Even in F1, he remain down on earth. That’s why I see him as a model. This is the perfect example that everybody can go very far in motorsport by working hard without loose the focus.


Which of the other MIYR finalists are you most afraid of and why?

I only have one concern: during a race, anything can happen; we are not immune to accidents or mechanical problems and that the race is won when the last of the drivers is behind the finish line and not before.


Tell us a secret you would never tell your mother!

My biggest secret is that I would be ready to drop everything to be a professional pilot. But psst… it’s a secret!


On what social media can fans find you?

I am surprised to have fans!

You can me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!












Top Drivers Diary on Facebook App



FROM THE MIYR2012 FINAL TO THE TROFEO ABARTH SELENIA BENELUX. KEEP ON DREAMING
©ABARTH & C. S.p.A.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿